Today was the big day, and my aggregator shows it. Thanks to everyone who posted Mudville-related announcements and reminders.
- The 9 Spot with Saundra Mitchell (Shadowed Summer, Delacorte 2009) (aka The Mudville Nine?)
- Three Questions with Jennifer R. Hubbard (The Secret Year, Viking 2010), who, like Mr. Berk before her, likes to remind me that the Phillies won some kind of baseball game last year.
- Ribbons and confetti, a very nice review and culinary recap at MyFavoriteAuthor.com
- Six of One, Half-a-dozen of the Other with Kimberly Derting (The Body Finder, Viking 2009)
- The much anticipated (by me) MnSpeak/Secrets of the City thread (with cameo appearances by MnSpeak founder Rex and area troubadour Dan Israel).
- The Debut 2009 community’s cake-and-coffee office party, in which I hear the good news that the famous Powell’s of Portland has the book prominently displayed.
I hope I didn’t forget anyone, and I’m sure there will be a couple of more later in the week. Even though I basically went to work then came home, this has been a special day thanks to all the email, blogging shout-outs, Facebooking and tweeting by friends far and flung. I’m glad I got published in the era of Web 2.0 when all of that virtual fanfare is possible.