To celebrate the turning of the calendar page to my book publication year, I am giving away, to one randomly selected person, a bunch of stuff! The prize includes, but is not limited to, the following excellent and curious items*:
1. An issue of the January/February 2009 Cicada magazine featuring my story, “Swingtown.”
2. An issue of the Winter 2008 New Directions in Student Services Special Issue: Using Emerging Technologies to Enhance Student Engagement, featuring the article, “Blogging in the Academy,” co-authored by me and my esteemed colleague Shane Nackerud.
3. A handful of Mudville bookmarks.
4. Original hand-drawn and hand-lettered instructions on “How to Draw a Snake,” by the author, who has very little actual artistic talent or know-how.
5. Wallet-sized picture of the author when he was a boy, and somewhat cuter than he is now.
* If any of these items cannot be located when the time comes, the author retains the right to replace it with an item of equal interest and value. Other goodies may thrown it at the last second.
To enter, JUST COMMENT ON THIS POST. I’ll write all the names down on bits of paper and let one of the cats pick a winner. Make sure you use a valid email address when you comment, so I can contact you if you win. Nobody will see the email address but me, and I won’t use it for any purpose except contacting a winner. Comment by January 8, 2009!
Edit: the broken captcha requirement is now disabled. You can leave a comment, but it will be held for moderation. Sorry to the people who tried to comment before this was fixed.
Edit: Comments are now closed. Thanks to all who entered!